What's on for Schools
Theatre for Schools
Seeing the magic of a show for the first time is a transformative experience. With each performance exploring unique themes, research tells us that live theatre enhances literary knowledge, tolerance and empathy. It also goes beyond just the academic benefits, as attending Melbourne’s prized heritage theatres is one of our city’s most spectacular cultural experiences. We are creating programs and services to assist schools to access these opportunities.Enquire
Come From Away
COME FROM AWAY is a sophisticated musical theatre performance that incorporates aspects of ethno-drama and verbatim theatre. Set against the backdrop of the September 11 attacks, the musical explores the true events that transpired when 38 planes were ordered to land unexpectedly in the small town of Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador, as part of Operation Yellow Ribbon. Drawing on interviews, documentaries, and letters as a stimulus, the writers have developed a ground-breaking piece of theatre that examines the human spirit and our capacity to show empathy in times of great adversity.
This global phenomenon is now playing on Broadway, Toronto, across North America and London. The show is written by Tony® and Grammy nominees Irene Sankoff and David Hein, and helmed by Tony® winning Best Director, Christopher Ashley with musical staging by Tony® nominee Kelly Devine.
Reasons to book
- Come From Away is now on the VCE Playlist
- Come From Away will commence at the Comedy Theatre in Term 3 2019
- Education resources available for Drama, Music, English, History and Visual Arts
- Q&A sessions available after Wednesday matinee performances, upon request.
- Special School Group Rate - $55* tickets available for:
Wednesday matinee performances
Tuesday, Wednesday & Sunday evening performances
- Recommended for Years 7-12
- We can assist with finding the best seating allocation for your group
- We can provide more details on the education resources available for teachers
How to book
Schools can avail of a special School Group Rate of $55* per ticket available on selected performances. We can assist with finding the best seating allocation for your group, and can provide more details on the education resources available for teachers. To speak to someone from our Schools Department please call 03 9299 9990 or email us at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the enquiry form and one of our team will be in contact with you.