Front of House Ushers - Casual Positions
Applications close at: Dec 24 2021
Marriner Group is a dynamic family business that owns and operates five of Melbourne's most spectacular and iconic theatres, live music and events venues. All situated in the heart of the Melbourne CBD, venues include; the Regent Theatre, Princess Theatre, Comedy Theatre, Plaza Ballroom and Forum Melbourne. We play host to some of the biggest shows and stars of the entertainment world and welcome audiences of thousands through our doors each day.
Marriner Group is seeking customer focused Front of House ushers with excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service to join our Front of House Team. In this role, you will ensure that patrons receive the best possible theatre and venue experience.
Working under the direction of our Patron Services Manager you will be reporting to the Front of House Supervisors during each shift.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating a positive first impression for patrons on arrival at the venue
- Checking and scanning of tickets
- Directing patrons to their seats
- Being the first point of contact for all patron questions and queries
- Monitoring patron safety while at the venue
- Turning any issues around and assisting where possible so that each patron leaves having had a positive experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to speak confidently and courteously, particularly in challenging situations
- Flexible availability – including the ability to work all day Wednesday, evenings and weekends
- Impeccable presentation
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving skills
- A professional and positive attitude
- An ability to respond to and to direct patrons, in the case of an emergency.
If you feel you match the above criteria, and would like to play your part in ensuring a unique and memorable experience for patrons at our venues, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to ChristinaC@marrinergroup.com.au.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.