Event Sales Executive
Marriner Group Head Office
Applications close at: Jun 19 2022
Marriner Group is a dynamic Australian owned company, managing five world class venues including; the Princess Theatre, Regent Theatre and Comedy Theatre, Forum Melbourne and the Plaza Ballroom. All venues are based in Melbourne’s CBD and play host to some of the world’s biggest productions and high-profile events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our event sales team, specialising in the management of a diverse range of events and managing a broad client portfolio.
Working both independently and as part of a great team, in this role you will:
- Manage inbound enquiries for events across all the Marriner Group venues.
- Play your part in actively growing the business including identifying new clients and conducting sales calls.
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
- Organise a diverse range of events from 10-2,000 guests from initial enquiry through to post-event follow up for corporate functions, special events, weddings and corporate hospitality.
- A keen interest in delivering the best possible client experience.
- Self-organised and ability to multi-task within tight time frames and under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and patience to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Willingness to take direction and work as part of a team.
Experience and Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in events.
- Relevant experience in the planning and administration of events.
- A strong understanding of operational hospitality.
- Developed organisational and administrative skills.
- A knowledge of the wider events industry and competitor landscape.
- Confidence in business development
- A proven ability to build rapport with clients through excellent verbal and written communication.
- The ability and desire to work within a team environment.
- Experience with event software desirable but not essential.
If you would like to play your part in curating events at some of Melbourne’s most iconic venues and enjoy a varied role, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.